2022-23 New Columbo Plan //
In late 2022 and early 2023, the Curtin Academy will run the Curtin Academy International Interdisciplinary Industry Study Tour Program (CA-I3STP) and send up to 240 students overseas to Malaysia and Singapore as part of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s New Colombo Plan initiative.
Why does Curtin Academy employ the New Colombo Plan?
• Curtin Academy believes the New Colombo Plan entails outcomes that would improve educational competencies of tertiary students
• Focused on pedagogical approaches that would enhance quality of education of tertiary students
• Pertaining to concepts in and around Sustainable Development Goals to improve Sustainable Development outcomes by all disciplines
• Focused on an interdisciplinary approach similarly to Curtin Academy
• Focused on using Design Thinking further illuminating Curtin Academy’s goal to chronically integrate innovative pedagogical approaches into Education
Summary of Curtin Academy International Interdisciplinary Industry Study Program (CA-I3SP):
CA-I3SP is the first Curtin mobility program to provide students with the important triple “I” experience of an international interdisciplinary industry-focused research study. It includes 240 Curtin students and 20 staff from each Faculty (Health Science, Business and Law, Science and Engineering, and Humanities). Students are co-partnering in a consortium with educators and thought leaders from the Curtin Academy and industry experts. Students will be co-creating directly with relevant academic, industry and government agencies to explore "hot-topics" that address the theme of academic global challenges with local action-research to support the planet.
Queries about the CA-I3STP can be directed to Stephanie Bruce via email at CA-NCP@curtin.edu.au.
More information can also be found here: www.ca-i3sp.weebly.com. Please note this website is in the process of being updated.